Announcement Number: Nouakchott-2022-056
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nouakchott
Position Title: Engineer-All Interested Applicants/All sources (Mechanical Engineer (OBO))
Open Period: 12/06/2022 - 01/04/2023 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT
Series/Grade: LE - 1105 FSN-11
Salary: MRU UM1,638,907 - MRU UM1,638,907
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Duty Location(s): 1
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FSN-11 is FP--4. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Temporary
Appointment Type Details: Definite not to exceed three years
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (two weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Basic Function of Position
Working under the Project Director of the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) team, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing and inspecting all work elements of the construction site, reviewing shop drawings and other construction plans, developing change orders and cost estimates for the new Major rehabilitation project. Incumbent must be capable of working independently.
Construction Site Management
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of the contractual requirements for the project.
- Oversees the construction to ensure adherence to approved drawings and specifications; inspects construction workmanship, materials, equipment.
- Oversees site work elements within discipline and provides early notification of potential schedule slippages regarding the mechanical construction activities.
- Monitors the work process, performs quality assurance testing and enforces safety requirements.
- Makes cost estimates on design changes, evaluates cost proposals and contractors’ requests for adjustments.
- Reports to the Project Director on the project’s conformity and non-conformity to approved drawings and specifications; makes recommendations on how to correct deficiencies and resolve problems during construction.
Purchases new or replace construction equipment such as cameras, infrared thermometers, flow meters, calipers and measuring tools.
Drives a government-owned vehicle.
- Maintains daily construction surveillance logs to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts.
- On behalf of the owners’ interest, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the work of contractors over the course of the project. The Mechanical Engineer tracks the contractor scheduled milestones; materials, equipment, and labor used; the quality and workmanship of outputs, and provides the contractors, through the PD, observations, recommendations, and supervision.
- Monitors the construction schedule, reviews contractors’ proposals for change, and makes recommendations to Project Director on time extension requests.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices related to mechanical works to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: At least five years of experience in mechanical engineering related to building construction and renovation on large scale residential or commercial development projects, of which, two years of experience in construction project management and oversight is required.
- University degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Language: English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. French level III (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. Language skills may be tested.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nouakchott, Mauritania may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Other Information: For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
- Create an account on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) website via the Embassy website https://mr.usembassy.gov/
- Choose Announcement Number Nouakchott-2022-056 Engineer and complete the online application.
- Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (eg. University degree in mechanical engineering, driver license, copy of orders/Assignment notification, DD-214, SF50, Residency and/or Work Permit if applicable)
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site https://mr.usembassy.gov/
Required Documents: To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
• University Degree (not transcript)
• Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Nouakchott, Mauritania.
Pour soumettre votre candidature, prière suivre le lien ci-dessous :
Date de publication: 8 déc. 2022Voir toute la liste
Toute reproduction interdite sans l’avis de beta
Date de publication
- 8 déc. 2022